Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Month. New Me.

Hi blogging beauties! So I am totally aware that I have been neglecting my blog and feel terrible about it, so this is a new month and a new me!! I am going to try so very hard to post something at least 4/5 times a week. But something magical did happen in my life..I went on a road trip across the country to LA with my sister and 2 of our friends. I have been working my little guts out to go on this trip, 110 days working in a row with 2 days off. That is why I haven't been nearly as dedicated to my blog, just very determined to see the world. Anyways, I was very thankful for work and the chance to travel to (I believe) 7 new states including a fun stop in Vegas and a magical experience at the Grand Canyon. I had every intention of taking pictures along the way of my outfits, but never got around to actually doing that! 

I had a lot of time to meditate and be inspired by each state and the people around me on my 10 day trip. It is crazy how my style has evolved and continues to change over a year and I'm experiencing the change even monthly. I've said this before, but about 96% of my closet is floral print (and I haven't posted nearly the bulk of it) and along this journey to LA, I have been inspired and really drawn to dark rich colors, jewel tones, textures, patterns, leopard print, more layering and even lots of fringe. As a stylist I think it is only natural to be attracted to so many different looks and not have one set style. I am going to change things up a bit. I want to get rid of a lot of my floral and experiment with new ideas and a darker color palette. I'm very excited and can't wait to get creative. Of course I won't be able to get rid of all of it, but I will definitely incorporate some floral in with my new pieces. 


Browsing through Urban Outfitters and these beauties caught my eye ;o)







 





No comments:

Post a Comment